We so know what its like to be rushing around in the morning, trying to get yourself ready, maybe even your kids, trying to find clean clothes and drink bottles and all that jazz. Getting a good breakfast in can be nearly impossible during these mornings! Some of us can handle that, but Renee absolutely cannot go without breakfast so she whipped up this veggie loaded, egg muffin recipe that you can make in advance and eat a couple on the go!
They make great, nutrient dense snacks too and freeze well, so you can double the recipe and freeze some for busy, busy times. Enjoy!
Makes 10 muffins
- 6 eggs
- ½ medium zucchini, grated with excess moisture squeezed out
- ½ small sweet potato, grated with excess moisture squeezed out
- Large handful of leafy greens, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of milk (soy, rice, almond, dairy etc)
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g beef mince, cooked in a pan with a little olive oil
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbs savoury yeast flakes
- handful fresh, chopped herbs such as chives, parsley, basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 2 muffins trays with a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, sweet potato and leafy greens and combine well. Add any of the additional ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into muffin trays, half filling each segment.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until brown on top. These will keep in the fridge for 5 days, and freeze well.