Serves 2-4 (2 on it's own, 4 bulked out with rice, quinoa or soft polenta)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sized zucchini, grated
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach, or 6 kale leaves finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Pierce each tomato with a knife, removing any stalks and place in a small baking tray. Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of salt and pepper over all the tomatoes and give a shake to cover them completely. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 10 minutes until almost caramelised. Add the zucchini, chickpeas, and garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, leafy greens, pine nuts, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute until the greens have wilted. Stir through the roasted tomatoes, making sure you get all the juices from the baking dish as well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with cooked brown rice, quinoa or soft polenta.