Homemade deodorant is actually simple to make. It takes less than 3 minutes to whip up a batch....but best of all it actually works!! I had tried crystals, natural roll on, alcohol based and all sorts but this has been the only product that keeps both the sweat and the stink away.
All you need to do is source a few ingredients and store them in the cupboard ready to bring out when you need to make some more up.
- 3 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tbs arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbs baking soda (I like this brand)
- 20 drops of orange essential oil (or an essential oil scent you prefer)
- Glass jar for storage
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir well, about 3 minutes for the mixture to become well-combined, depending on the temperature.
- Place in a glass jar, label and keep in a cool, dark area (especially during the warmer months).
Makes about 1 cup which will last last for at least 3 months.