Raspberry, cashews and raw nutella - need I say more? Oh yes... it's also SIMPLE to make. At Westside, we love having raw desserts at our fingertips. It means less temptation for the more heavily-processed sweet foods you might purchase at a shop or cafe.
For those nut-free folks out there you could look into swapping the cashews for 6 tablespoons of buckwheat grouts, soaked overnight. It won't have the same richness but it will give a similar texture.
For the fructose-free people then swap the maple syrup and coconut sugars for rice malt syrup or a few drops of stevia.
Enjoy xx Lucy
Ingredients for Filling:
- Cashews x 1.5 cups, soaked for 6-8 hours
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (make your own with this recipe, it's simple!)
Ingredients for Base:
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, roasted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut,
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high powdered food processor. Allow motor to run for 2 minutes or so, until the mixture is well combined.
- Spread base mixture into the bottom or a springform pan or silicone baking dish.
- Put base into the freezer to cool.
- Strain water from cashews and add all filling ingredients to the food processor/thermomix and process until well-combined (about 5 minutes depending on the speed of your motor). Scrap down the sides of the mixing bowl as required.
- Spoon filling ingredients onto the cooled base and place cake into the freezer overnight to allow to set.
- Remove cake for the freezer and cut the cake into the desired pieces. You may like to allow it melt a little before eating to release more of the flavour.
Makes about 12 slices.